Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating New App

Hi, I am getting ready to create a new app, I will integrate google maps for android users. (Had to get permission) However, for everything apple (ipod/ipad/iphone) I wanted to integrate Apple Maps. Since I want to do this, I wanted to know how do I gain permission from Apple to do this.

The map integration will be used in a sense, of how Uber is used. (Open the app and from your location, objects or whatever I will implement into the app will pop up around the person's location, or within how ever many miles the consumer types in.

(This is key for the App, so I know that since google required permission, Apple must as well, however the terms or pathway to accomplish this it is not so easy to find/navigate such as google)

Please help and be direct with answers, if can. (I have bought many apple products, and I am a loyal to Apple. However, I went the google route first because I was able to find it right away. Literally.

(Will be for sale)

Here is what I mean:

http://www.google.com/permissions/geoguidelines.html

I'd like to use your maps on my website or in my application. What do I need to know?

We have multiple APIs available to help you build and embed custom maps within your website or application. To learn more, visit theGoogle Maps API site and the Google Maps API for Business site. The Google Earth Plug-in and its JavaScript API let you embed an interactive Google Earth globe into your web page. Visit the Google Earth API site and the Google Maps API for Business site to learn more.

When using the Google Maps API, certain restrictions may apply. Google continually updates the imagery within Maps; thus, caching may result in stale or even impermissible imagery. You may also not mass download or use bulk feeds of any Content, including but not limited to extracting numerical latitude or longitude coordinates, geocoding, text-based directions, imagery, visible map data, or Places data (including business listings) for use in other applications. For full details and other guidelines, please read the Maps/Earth API Terms of Service.

If you simply need to embed a classic Google Map on your website, learn more here about quick ways to do so. For all uses of Street View, please see our Street View FAQ.

In all cases, you must properly show attribution to both Google and any third-party data providers who may be listed with the imagery. Please see our attribution page for more information.

No explicit permission is required for your project. We are unable to sign any letter or contract specifying that your project has our explicit permission.

iPhone/iPad/Macbook-OTHER, iOS 8.3, Integrating Apple Maps Into App

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 11:13 PM

There are no replies.

Creating New App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.