Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgraded phone and computer, and now no apps on computer can find any photos

For many years I have downloaded photos from my iPhone to my mac using iPhoto -- all I would do is launch iPhoto and plug in the phone and after a few seconds the phone would show up on the sidebar of iPhoto and I could click on it and then the photos would be there and I could drag/drop them in to iPhoto folders/albums. The last time I did this was early January, and in the meantime I have upgraded the computer from 10.6 to 10.9 and the phone to 8.2.

Today when I plug in the phone,

1. It mounts in iTunes, and runs backup (I have iTunes set to back up when the phone connects)
  2. It appears in Image Capture on the list of devices, but when I click on it the window on the right is blank and all of the buttons greyed out as if there is nothing there.
  3. It is completely AWOL in iPhoto, with no sign that the phone is mounted at all.

I see some other applications (Photo, Aperture) mentioned when talking about downloading photos, but they don't seem to be on my machine. Perhaps they were added to a later version of the operating system?

I'm totally stumped -- can anybody tell me what I'm missing?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 8:01 PM

There are no replies.

upgraded phone and computer, and now no apps on computer can find any photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.