Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to find an efficient way to share all our music with 2 different apple ids

My wife and I are trying to make more space in the house and burn all of our CDs to itunes (we have close to 800 cds). We do have separate apple ids and separate itunes accounts on our laptops (pc's). We have (2) iphone 5s, our son's ipod touch, and we just bought an ipad mini3.

The majority of our music (85%) is from CDs that we bought and own. Only about 15% did we purchase from the itunes store. We want to burn all of the music onto 1 account/device, but also be able to access that music from all of our devices. We do not want all of our devices to share the same apple ID (i.e. I do a lot of work emails, calendars, etc on my phone as well as my wife on hers). We want to make sure we aren't getting each others text messages, not getting each other's emails, etc. We are hoping the ipad will be the main device for home use, but my wife still wants to be able to access and put those songs on her phone if she wants.

What is the best way to do this? I thought itunes Match but someone had told me that is only for purchased itunes store content and not for CDs that I own.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 10:38 PM

There are no replies.

Trying to find an efficient way to share all our music with 2 different apple ids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.