Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini (late 2014) HDMI pixelated on Display

I have just bought a Mac Mini, as it was all I could afford at this point in time. I have a Samsung 32" EH500 TV, connected it up via HDMI and the screen is very pixilated. Images are not clear, colour is all over the place. It is unbearable. WHY! How can a world class computer with HDMI out produce such poor quality.
Please help. How do I fix this!

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 2:34 AM

4 replies

Apr 26, 2015 2:43 AM in response to amplifythis200

What is native resolution of the display/TV?

What is resolution of the you selected? System Preferences>Display

If it is Default select Scaled and then select the max resolution

Have you tried changing the overscan setting on Display preferences?

Does the TV have a sharpness or similar setting to change?

Typically TVs do not make good monitors since they do not have enough pixels. The look bad unless yo are sever feet away. How close are you to the display?

Apr 26, 2015 3:09 AM in response to lllaass

The native resolution of TV is 1920 x 1080

the Mac Mini resolution selected is 1080p

I have used the under scan in display preferences to fit into the 32" screen

I have adjusted all the sharpness and similar setting on the TV itself but can not seem to get it better.

I am a good 1m away from the screen. I plugged my housemates windows platform laptops they both where perfect! I don't understand why.

I have seen TVs used as monitors previously, from a few others, and had seen awesome results, hence why I decided to go this option.

Mac Mini (late 2014) HDMI pixelated on Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.