Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes looses photo sync settings for Apple TV (1st gen.)

Since the update to the new Photo app on my Mac, iTunes forgets the photo sync settings for my Apple TV (1st. generation, 160 GB HDD).

Every time I open the photo section of the Apple TV sync settings, all the options are turned off. Then I mark a couple of albums and sync the Apple TV >> all album appear on the Apple TV.

But after closing and re-opening iTunes in the photo settings everything is unmarked again. So on every following sync the photos on the Apple TV are easily erased :-( Resync them to the Apple TV takes hours (>30'000 photos!).

All the other sync settings in iTunes remain intact.

Environment:

- MacBook Pro Retina 15" with the latest SW (Mac OS, iTunes, Photo App, etc.)

- Apple TV 1st gen 160 GB HDD

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 12:54 AM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2016 8:27 AM in response to BluBluBlu

Hello BluBluBlu,

I have the very same problem. It appears about a dozen other people do as well. Have you ever been able to fix this problem? Or are you still chugging along with having to constantly update the sync settings?

If you have not been able to fix the problem let's try and kick start this discussion. As much as I love my MAC Apple does not seem very interested in fixing minor issues like this one it appears.

iTunes looses photo sync settings for Apple TV (1st gen.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.