Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New I-Photo app

Have just downloaded and run the new I-photo app creating horrendous problems many of which are already raised.

but does anyone know how to UNDO this app and get back to the original?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 12:34 AM

9 replies

Apr 26, 2015 3:09 AM in response to Recruitp2

Go to your applications.

Find iPhoto

Find iPhoto library

Copy Library, paste into new folder on desktop.

Open latest version of iPhoto ( the version you want to use )

Then import new folder ( copied library ) to iPhoto version you like.

Delete old version of iPhoto you no longer use, you can do this if you still have a working version on your hard drive.

Apr 26, 2015 3:24 AM in response to EveryUserName HasBeenTaken

EveryUserName HasBeenTaken wrote:

Go to your applications.

Find iPhoto

Find iPhoto library

Delete old version of iPhoto you no longer use, you can do this if you still have a working version on your hard drive.

Worse advice I've ever heard, but continue trolling all threads making a fool of yourself and giving people misinformation and destructive advice. 😉

Cheers

Pete

Apr 26, 2015 3:42 AM in response to petermac87

For then benefit of inexperienced users:

Go to your applications.

Unnecessary and pointless.

Find iPhoto

Okay.

Find iPhoto library

Pointless as well, and it won't be in your Applications folder. Try your Pictures Foolder.

Remember that this will now double your disk space usage, so check you have enough. It's also a waste of space as it's not even a back up. I have no idea why this person is suggesting this course of action.

Okay, but we could have done that back at step two...

Well you definitely don't want to do that: Never import one Library to another. Every version and thumbnail is imported like a distinct photo, you lose all your Albums, Keywords etc., the link between Original and Previews is destroyed, the non-destructive editing feature is ruined and so on. In summary: it's mess.

You might choose to open it, of course.

In summary this advice is clueless and likely to lead to data loss.

If you want to return to iPhoto it's simple: Launch iPhoto. Done.

Apr 26, 2015 5:11 AM in response to Yer_Man

It worked for me when Apple support directed me to do so. No joke, no lie, I'm not trolling.

I accidentally did the same thing this guy did when I was upgrading my laptop to iMac and did a new OS up date.

Its not my way, Apple Support's way.

I'm sorry you guys think I'm trolling but so far you haven't helped a single person. Its 5am I just can't sleep.

Apr 26, 2015 5:18 AM in response to EveryUserName HasBeenTaken

EveryUserName HasBeenTaken wrote:

but so far you haven't helped a single person. Its 5am I just can't sleep.

Terence has had over 131,000 points awarded to him over the years by posters here who his advice either helped or helped towards solving their issues. You have none. In fact you just joined here today to rant and have helped no one. In fact half of your posts have been removed by the hosts.

Have a great day

Pete

Apr 26, 2015 5:29 AM in response to petermac87

Pete, hey, sorry, didn't mean to offend.

I rant, so do a lot of people.

I didn't realize that this is REALLY important you. Sorry.

I haven't received a single complaint. Nothing has been removed, yet.

I'm not intentionally trying to tick anyone off, my solutions have worked for me. And most of the time they came as a solution from Apple Support.

I don't understand your 'point system' but when your just ell people to 'Contact Apple support' or do a hard reboot of the OS X that seems excessive. Its not helpful, and I although the points mean something to someone, it didn't solve a problem.

New I-Photo app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.