Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HD no more recognize by Time Machine

Hello,

Here is the situation. Since two days, Time Machine can't finalize the backup and show me a KEYLOG.

I've first try to test the disk, but i can't finalise the test. I've try in "repair mode", but the repair session freeze.

After that, i've do the same from another Mac computer. First i've have a "CODE EXIT 8", then restart all the process and finally can repair the disk.

I've replug it in the original iMac, but Time Machine was stuck on the KEYLOG icone, so i've enter the option and target once again the harddrive. (Same name, but not recognise as a "TimeMachineDisk with green icone", just a classic external drive with orange icone.

At that moment, Time Machine announce me there are no bakcup on the hard drive. Anyway, there are still data on the HD.

What could i do to resynch the disk to time machine ?

Thanks for your help.

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 4:32 AM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2015 12:04 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks, i'm already arrived on that website with many informations. I've read some things about the EXIT code 8, but i've finally "repair" disk as explained.

Anyway my problem could be that i've repaired it from another computer then then one where the disk was linked to TimeMachine ?

On the website you spot, there so many information i can't find where to go (i'm not english native). I suppose i should find something about relinking a HD with time machine or something like that ?

HD no more recognize by Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.