Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I migrate me old photos of iphoto to Photos of the new system? me photos are on a separate hard-drive as back up and me laptop was stolen recently!

how can I access me photos that are saved on a separate hard-drive (as back up) from the old iphoto to the new Photos?

My 6 month old MacBookPro was stolen a month ago and I have not have had a chance to migrate them pictures yet. And now the system says it can not be accessed!!

Having one's computer stolen is bad, not to be able to recover one's photos is even worse....

Can anybody give me a hint how to do this???

Regards

Jürg

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 2:30 AM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2015 5:48 AM in response to Yer_Man

Hi Terence,

Thank you very much for your concern, I did try the way you suggested but no result. In me library I only found some 4 pictures dated between 2012 and 2013, and then maybe 70 from 2014 and a couple of hundred from this year.... all the other thousands are not there.... 😟

Regards

Jürg

how can I migrate me old photos of iphoto to Photos of the new system? me photos are on a separate hard-drive as back up and me laptop was stolen recently!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.