Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whenever I open my Safari, "Ads by MacVx" appears…How can I get rid or prevent Ads by MacVx ???

Nowadays whenever I open "Safari", "Ads by MacVx" appears… How can I prevent "Ads by MacVx" invading my Mac???

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 12:17 AM

5 replies

Apr 26, 2015 9:06 AM in response to sani2014

Back up all data before making any changes.

You may have installed a variant of the "VidX" trojan. To remove it, first open the Applications folder by selecting

Go ▹ Applications

from the Finder menu bar, or by pressing the key combination shift-command-A. Look for an item named "VidX," "MacVx," "MacFest," "MacMin," or similar. If present, drag it to the Trash and empty. If in doubt, order the folder window by date modified and delete any application near the top that you don't recognize.

From the Safari menu bar, select

Safari Preferences... Extensions

Uninstall any extension you don't know you need. If in doubt, remove all of them. None is needed for normal operation. You may have more than one that's malicious. Do the equivalent in the Chrome and Firefox browsers, if you use either of those.

Whenever I open my Safari, "Ads by MacVx" appears…How can I get rid or prevent Ads by MacVx ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.