Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with iPhone screen issue?

Hey guys! I'm new here so sorry if I have messed up on anything in this post.

Anyways!

I got a second hand iPhone 4s from one of my dad's mates atleast 6 months ago. As soon as I got the phone, I came across an issue it had. The issue was, 'shaking'. Basically, let me elaborate, the screen shakes, like the top of the screen where it says the time and battery charge, is also at the bottom, its almost as if everything moves up. When I go in settings, a tab like 'General' would be in a row of 3 above the original tab because it is shaking so quickly 😐.However, this problem doesn't occur on everything. Apps (games) work fine, it's almost like applications that have a lot of words, and few colors on them get affected more. I have tried almost anything, the only way I can get it to stop shaking at all (slightly') is by turning on the setting 'Reduce White Point'. Hopefully it is not the GPU, and seeing as it does not affect games, I believe the GPU is fine. However, if anyone of you have seen, heard, or had this issue occur, and know how to fix this, or atleast stop the shaking, even if its just slightly, I would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou guys! 🙂

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 12:37 AM

5 replies

Apr 26, 2015 2:33 AM in response to Lucas Caruso

Did you try to reduce the screen motion in Reduce motion. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility, then turn on Reduce Motion.

If this does not help, and to make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the screen again.

If it still does that, this might be a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Help with iPhone screen issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.