Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto library missing

When I opened Iphoto I was asked to choose a library or create a new one. There was no list to choose from, I created a library and now I cannot find the library I uploaded my pictures in. I looked everywhere on this laptop, including the trash.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 6:28 AM

5 replies

Apr 26, 2015 6:49 AM in response to ciuciuca1

What happened before you could no longer find your iPhoto library?

Did you update software or install new software? Move your iPhoto Library to a new location?

Did iPhoto crash?

Which iPhoto version are you currently running, and where did you store your iPhoto library? In the default location in your Pictures folder or on an external drive?

Apr 26, 2015 6:57 AM in response to léonie

There was an automatic software update, but nothing else. I have IPhoto 9.2.1 and I did the usual: importing pictures from my camera, I finished the import, closed IPhoto and while I closed it I seem to remember seeing a note about the library being updated or something like that which made me want to open IPhoto again and when I reopened it is when I was asked to choose a library and I did not see anything to choose from, so I created a new library. I did restart the laptop and I am not sure if I should have...Thanks for helping!

Apr 26, 2015 7:15 AM in response to ciuciuca1

What is your MacOS X version?

And check the older library in your Pictures folder in the Finder - what is the last modified date? If there is an iPhoto library in the Pictures folder, you should have seen it in the library chooser panel, when you launched iPhoto.

What happens, when you double-click this library? Does it open in iPhoto?

Did you have a backup library connected, when you last worked with iPhoto? You may have accidentally added your new photos to a library on a connected drive, that is now offline.

Apr 26, 2015 7:32 AM in response to léonie

The Mac OS X is 10.7.5. The older library is a folder, it opens with contents (Masters, Previews etc all from 2013), the new library created is in the Pictures folder also and it does open in IPhoto. I did not have a backup library connected (at least I am not aware of one) when I worked in it and I can't think of what drive would I have put the pictures in. I do know that I did not delete anything and these pictures must be somewhere, but it seems magical to me at this point...

Iphoto library missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.