Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud mail keeps crashing at a regular interval (approximately two minutes into use)

Hi peeps,

I'm having a repeat issue with iCloud email bombing out after approximately two minutes of online use. For me specifically, this is happening in the Windows 7 Pro environment on both my home PC and the PC at work, running via Google Chrome browser (confirmed on my home PC as version 42.0.2311.90 m). Thankfully the system invariably stores the partially created email in Draft, and therefore it's easy to pick up where you left off, but it is an annoying and undesirable issue which I was wondering whether anyone else was experiencing? Has there been a solution implemented which I'm not aware of?

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 1:15 AM

8 replies

Apr 26, 2015 8:42 AM in response to Gavrev

explain exactly what you mean by "crashing" or "bombing out".

All Apple web applications are likely subject to "login timeouts" - these forums the TimeOutLength is ±30 minutes, but other areas are much shorter - I think Manage AppleID is ±5 minutes. It may well be that iCloud Mail is closer to 5 minutes than 30.

Reasons have been postulated - server loads, Store security, etc. - really doesn't matter why, it just is.

Let us know what you mean and what you think of timeout.

ÇÇÇ

Apr 26, 2015 11:50 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Timeouts are one thing, but I'm pretty certain this isn't one of them - I can be actively typing an email in and the connection will spontaneously break, displaying a dark blue/green background with a small, folder icon in the centre of the screen - the same screen which appears when any online action using iCloud experiences what might be considered a hiccup in the connection. It will do this pretty routinely after about two minutes even with active typing.

Apr 26, 2015 1:56 PM in response to Gavrev

Agree - gotta start somewhere though. A good question about being the only one... the forum software seems to think so (meaning nothing)

User uploaded file

A screenshot or two with workflow context & timestamps would be great.

Another thing to try might be other devices than your WinPCs - narrowing the list of suspects(?)

Also, when it happens, are able to recover to your Draft quickly or does it take some time? You could immediately check the > SYSTEM Status < (low hopes - but ruling it out is data)

Apr 26, 2015 2:04 PM in response to Gavrev

> light bulb? > you are "editing" a message? The forum editor also does auto-saves every couple of minutes

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Assume that iCloud editor does likewise and needs to 'communicate' to do so - thus your description

typing an email in and the connection will spontaneously break, displaying a dark blue/green background with a small, folder icon in the centre of the screen - the same screen which appears when any online action using iCloud experiences what might be considered a hiccup in the connection.

this may 'on to something' - what is the question.

Apr 26, 2015 2:10 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Trying other devices may help narrow things some, but given that I only use either the PC at home or work, it makes it an academic exercise in terms of my own actual use for iCloud - still it's a valid enough test I suppose. I'd have said that using two different PC's through two different internet connections, (each also a different service provider) would strongly point to either the browser or iCloud service delivery somehow being the culprit, so as mentioned before I'll try IE11 instead as a starting point.. As for recovering the draft, yep that's been consistently successful after logging in again. In the end it really leaves me with two choices - either type quickly, hope for the best and accept the need to go back in and pick up the email in the draft, or compose it all beforehand and copy/paste which invariably beats iCloud to the issue! Hehe

Apr 26, 2015 2:44 PM in response to Gavrev

pesky 'intermittent' problems - so hard to get to the bottom of.

there are some 'glitches' here in the forum that persist because they cannot be reproduced 'in the lab' by those that can act. > look for a simple " . " post for an example of a workaround for one of 'em. I am forming a hypothesis, but you will still need some data before you get the 'powers that be' involved

iCloud mail keeps crashing at a regular interval (approximately two minutes into use)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.