Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove unwanted device from Heath App source?

For various reasons I ended up resetting my Apple Watch on Friday, and after doing so and setting it up again - I found that I now he duplicate Apple Watch's listed in my "Sources" tab in the Health App. When I click on my active Waych, it says to alter settings I need to go into the Watch App. Bit the inactive watch just says it's no longer paired with my iPhone. I contacted Apple Support and they had me reset my network settings, the watch itself again (Which resulted in another Watch being creared in the device list, despite me warning them of this) and restoring my iPhone. None have worked. There must be some way of removing a device frok the app? Anyone have any idea?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 1:49 AM

31 replies

Sep 28, 2017 10:18 PM in response to bob_jones

I did this yesterday as I’m having a nightmare getting the new software installed on my watch keep getting an error message and it won’t install. In trying to do this I had my watch in the Heath app about 8 times so I removed all the unpaired versions but in doing so I have lost all my activity history ?

I restored my phone from its backup earlier in the day but my history has still all gone .

I’ve had my watch since April and now have nothing showing but my works outs are still logged ?

Can I get my history back does anyone know ??

Nov 21, 2017 4:05 AM in response to jrburrows

Same problem here except I now have 4 phones and 4 watches on there as they just repeat themselves after having problems with phone, this is causing problems for my vitality app as it won’t work properly as it can’t tell what data to read so really need to remove the phone wat h data from ones that don’t work, nightmare

May 20, 2015 6:37 PM in response to jrburrows

I'm having the same exact problem. The same steps have gotten me there (after having to reset my Watch.) I now have two watches listed under Heath app's "Sources" -> "Devices" list. Both are called "Joshua's Apple Watch." One reports "Go to the Apple Watch app to change health data settings for this Apple Watch" and the other reports "This Apple Watch is no longer paired with this iPhone."

How do I REMOVE that second one entirely?

Any solution appreciated!

Also discussed here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7022446

and here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7032756

Jun 30, 2015 4:54 PM in response to mgshoutman

I'm not going to restore my whole iPhone (losing Apple Pay setup, all previous HealthKit data, as well as lots of time) just to clear out an old (no longer paired) Apple Watch source setup.

Unfortunately, today's iOS 8.4 didn't fix it. I'll wait until iOS is updated to properly fix this bug. I'll just ignore this extra item, as it's not causing any harm.

Jul 7, 2015 11:03 AM in response to jrburrows

jrburrows wrote:

For various reasons I ended up resetting my Apple Watch on Friday, and after doing so and setting it up again - I found that I now he duplicate Apple Watch's listed in my "Sources" tab in the Health App. When I click on my active Waych, it says to alter settings I need to go into the Watch App. Bit the inactive watch just says it's no longer paired with my iPhone. I contacted Apple Support and they had me reset my network settings, the watch itself again (Which resulted in another Watch being creared in the device list, despite me warning them of this) and restoring my iPhone. None have worked. There must be some way of removing a device frok the app? Anyone have any idea?

I found that if you completely uninstall the app sending the data to the Health App and then delete all the data in the Health App, the "source" will go away. Then just reinstall the app. One word of caution, when I've done this with the Jawbone app, it will not resend historical data to the Health App, so basically you lose everything your previously sent.

Jul 12, 2015 8:33 AM in response to E the P

E the P wrote:

jrburrows wrote:

I found that if you completely uninstall the app sending the data to the Health App and then delete all the data in the Health App, the "source" will go away. Then just reinstall the app. One word of caution, when I've done this with the Jawbone app, it will not resend historical data to the Health App, so basically you lose everything your previously sent.

Unfortunately you cannot uninstall the Watch App, so this approach won't solve the problem. 😟

How to remove unwanted device from Heath App source?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.