Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos not showing in the correct time order in the timeline

On a recent holiday I was using both my iPhone and my dSLR to take photos. When I returned from holiday I noticed that the time on my dSLR was wrong. After I had imported the photos into the photo mac app I changed the timestamps to the correct one.

Unfortunately not all of the photos reordered themselves correctly in the timeline. They are no-longer in time order, near time order, but not perfect.

For example the first photo in the timeline currently starts at 12:30, about 5 photos later the timestamp is 11:20.

How do I get my photos to display in the correct time order in the timeline?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Photos version 1.0 (209.52.0)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 3:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 6:20 PM

I think I've figured it out,

When I put in the time for my SLR I set the time zone to the holiday destination.

Despite having a local sim card and the iPhone correctly geotagging me in the location, not all the timezones on the iPhone photos are correct, some are home time zone, others are holiday timezone.

To fix it I used the adjust time tool to change the time zone, but leave the time the same and the photos magically reorganised into the correct place.

It seems the timezone is as important as time. I hope that helps other people

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2015 6:20 PM in response to chippy_j

I think I've figured it out,

When I put in the time for my SLR I set the time zone to the holiday destination.

Despite having a local sim card and the iPhone correctly geotagging me in the location, not all the timezones on the iPhone photos are correct, some are home time zone, others are holiday timezone.

To fix it I used the adjust time tool to change the time zone, but leave the time the same and the photos magically reorganised into the correct place.

It seems the timezone is as important as time. I hope that helps other people

photos not showing in the correct time order in the timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.