Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut X 10.2 Update - Constant unexpected quits after opening

Hello Community

Immediately after the update of final cut to 10.2 I've been unable to have the application stay open any longer than 20 seconds. Prior to the update, Final Cut pro x was running absolutely fine.

Have attempted clean install of Final Cut - Still same issue

Have attempted full erase and install of Yosemite - Still same issue

Anyone else having this issue?

Mac Spec:

27" iMac - 2.93 i7

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

16 GB Ram

ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 2:48 AM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2015 4:57 AM in response to Butler123

After your clean install of the OS, did you migrate directories and files from your backup? Or did you test the FCP application on the fresh installation first. Because if you have something in your user data that conflicts with a FCP process, it would have been copies over to the new OS installation and the conflict would remain.

So ideally, we would do a clean install of the OS, then install a fresh copy of FCP dot app that we downloaded from the App Store, and then test the application with media that we know is OK.

My suggestion is that you restart your computer in Safe mode, after you log in restart and when you launch FCP delete the preferences (by holding down the option and command keys at launch (since preference files get corrupted after a crash.). That should give you a brand new library. Create a test project in that new library. If that doesn't work, create a new user account and try a brand new project in FCP from the new user (again, clear preferences when you launch the app.)

If none of this works, I would suspect hardware problems…unless you have some third party "cleaning" application on your computer.

Russ

Apr 26, 2015 8:44 AM in response to Butler123

Hi, I've been trying to work through the same issue.

I created a new user account and was able to run the updated Final Cut there. I was also able to open the old library and convert it.

Even then, I could not run FCP on the old primary user account. I used the NEW user account to copy the updated library to the external hardrive (all 450GB of it). This was last Wednesday. Today, just for craps, I tried to open the converted and copied library off of the external hard drive - from the old main user account -and it WORKED.

So now, I deleted the old library that would not open on the main user account, and I'm in the process of copying the converted library off of the external hard drive and back onto the main. I pray that it works when the 450 GB are back on the main hard drive.

Ill check back in tomorrow and let you know if it worked for sure.

Side note: none of the apple updates having to do with video graphics in the last week solved the problem.

Final Cut X 10.2 Update - Constant unexpected quits after opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.