Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you delete photos from your watch?

I've deleted the album from my iPhone but the photos are still on my watch, how do I delete them?

I can't see anything about deleting photos in the watch app on my iPhone.

Apple Watch, Other OS

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 2:38 AM

7 replies

May 16, 2015 4:51 PM in response to gusping

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!!

Okay, so have you ever used some app and it creates a photo album in your Photos app? Sometimes those albums are never even used! A 0 photo album that you eventually have to delete. What a shame.

Except in this case! These blank photo albums are THE KEY to getting those ugly photos off your watch!! The only setting you can do for photos on the watch is sync an album, so why not sync an album of nothing??

Step 1) Go to photos application> Create a new album. Name it anything you want.

Step 2) Open the Apple Watch app, and scroll down to Photos.

Step 3) Click on "Synced Album" and select that blank one you made.

And Viola! The photos are gone! So apple has yet to include a setting to turn off photos completely, but hopefully they'll introduce it in the future. But why not leave feedback to Apple? Believe it or not, they look at all the entries thoroughly. I submitted one about how the Activity app only lets you change your Move goal, and how you cannot change the Exercise one. Click Hereto go to the feedback page.

Hope this helps!

-Sean S

How do you delete photos from your watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.