Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos during a Power Nap

I'm loading a video on Youtube but I might leave my computer on a bit while I'm doing something else/

Will the video still load or do I have to set it to Never sleeping?

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 3:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 4:55 AM

Go in System preferences > Energy saver > Check the option “ Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off “. Uncheck the option “ Put hard disks to sleep when possible “. Check the wifi network access option. Uncheck the “ Enable power nap” option. (Do the same in “Battery” and “Power Adapter” tab settings. This will ensure the computer doesn’t go in sleep mode during loading your youtube video.

Hope this helps.....

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2015 4:55 AM in response to Ultron5

Go in System preferences > Energy saver > Check the option “ Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off “. Uncheck the option “ Put hard disks to sleep when possible “. Check the wifi network access option. Uncheck the “ Enable power nap” option. (Do the same in “Battery” and “Power Adapter” tab settings. This will ensure the computer doesn’t go in sleep mode during loading your youtube video.

Hope this helps.....

Videos during a Power Nap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.