Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless external media drive incompatible with ios 8

I'm looking for a wireless external media drive that will work the iOS 8 on my iPad. Apple sell various devices in store and on their website but when you actually try and use them the files can't be accessed using iOS 8. No store staff I've spoken to seem aware of this problem and none have been able to help - they just read the back of the packaging and confidently tell me all will be fine. There are many reviews on Apple's website that agree there is a problem but nothing from Apple themselves. The product providers (e.g. SanDisk and Seagate) tell me the problem is with Apple to fix but there are no known timescales.

I've tried contacting Apple but the chat is temporarily unavailable so thought I'd post there. Is there a product that is compatible or can Apple tell me when they'll provide a fix? In the meantime, continuing to sell products without giving customers appropriate advice seems dishonest to me.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 4:16 AM

1 reply

Wireless external media drive incompatible with ios 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.