Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatspp not working after restore from itunes backup

Hi ,

I have recently switched from my iphone 5 to iphone 6 and have restored the backup taken on iphone 5 onto iphone 6 . All the rest of the app and mail application are working except whatsapp app , which is showing network status as connecting . The same app on iphone 5 through wifi is working perfectly fine .

Kindly request you to resolve the issue .

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 3:41 AM

8 replies

Apr 26, 2015 12:45 PM in response to AppsID

Make sure there are no app updates pending in the App Store. The Whatsapp app got updated recently and the change log did state better iOS 8.3 compatibility.

Maybe you're running an older version that's crashing.

I upgraded from an iPhone 5 to a 6+ back in March. First I updated everything on the 5, then did a full backup on my Mac. The i6+ comes and I did a Restore from the 5's backup. Whatsapp worked just fine from the get-go.

Apr 26, 2015 4:18 PM in response to AppsID

I am having the same problem. Whatsapp is not working after restore from Iphone6+ 64gb to iphone6+ 128 GB

everything is up to date.

si tried restore couple of times but whatsapp still not working in the restored phone. network status is connecting........ wahtsapp is still active on the other phone.

i don't wanna reinstall whatsapp becasue i will loose my chat data.........

what are the other option to make it work without loosing data?

Whatspp not working after restore from itunes backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.