Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Error 27, stuck in Recovery, DFU won't work either

Hey all,

I feel like I searched the whole internet for this error, but I can't really find helpful information.

First of all: I tried everything, anyone ever suggested in this Apple forum I guess.

Other PC, even a Mac (I'm using Windows), another cable, i tried iTunes 11 and of course the newest iTunes and i tried orignal and non-orignal cables.

It's an iPhone 5, and it's stuck in Recovery Mode, i won't get it out. The sign it shows, shows a BLUE iTunes Logo, so I'm wondering if I need some older version of iTunes as other phones in Recovery Mode will show a RED iTunes Sign?

Further I found some people talking about a so-called U601 RF chip or something, that might cause this problem? It has to be something with the baseband but I've never heard of anything like that for years now...

Of course I also tried disabling Firewalls and Antivirus software, as well as another network (with me Mac).

But in Recovery as well as in DFU mode, iTunes extracts the software and the iPhone shows the loading bar. It sometimes doesn't move at all and sometimes for just some pixels and then iTunes shows error 27. The iPhone however still shows the loading screen (not moving) until I unplug.

I already have an appointment at the Apple Store on monday, but I thought it won't hurt asking all of you before 😉

Thanks so much

Phill

P.S.: oh and FYI, I bought the iPhone this way online, because it said it was just a software error and i wanted to try and fix it, so I have no further information except which I posted and IMEI and serial number if needed 🙂

iPhone 5, null

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 4:29 AM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2015 1:38 PM in response to Ingo2711

Thanks, after several tries it finally worked. I got error 14 and 6 each once and then it just worked and 8.3 was installed. The phone had some problems though like shutting apps down and it said it isn't able to download apps from the AppStore... Also Safari was showing issues, really weird

then I installed 8.2 which worked as well but when I opened an app it completely shut down and started some kind of reboot loop, but not as usual, but really strange: it would show the apple logo for just a few seconds, then the screen would turn off step by step, hm like it looks when a program hangs, I can't really explain

well after that it just started all over again and I had problems restoring it once again. Error 27 for a few times and then it installed 8.3 again... I'll leave it on 8.3 for now and keep testing tomorrow and I still have my appointment at the Genius Bar. Really really weird, Ive never heard of anything like that. Hopefully they can help me.

Thanks anyway 🙂

Have a good night (in case youre living in Europe)

phill

iPhone 5 Error 27, stuck in Recovery, DFU won't work either

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.