Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 factory unlocked mobile not getting charged

Hello Apple Support,

I bought a factory unlocked mobile when I was in US in March'2015, after coming to India I was using it with a GSM sim I got here and it was working fine for a week.For the last 2 days the phone is not getting charged. I thought it might be a issue with the Lightning USB charging cable and checked with a new Lightning to USB cable but the wasn't getting charged. So I took it to the apple service center here in India,Bangalore. The apple service person checked the mobile, did some battery/hardware reset and checked again with a charging cable but the issue was still there. He also said in the apple website the mobile's IMEI shows as locked. I explained to him I bought it as factory unlocked and I was using it with a GSM sim as well but he told me that is what the apple website showed and it cannot be service in India rather I should take to US for servicing.

Can you(Apple support) please help me out with a solution for my problem ?

My apple iphone 5 IMEI number is : ************

Thanks !

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1, null

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 4:10 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2015 6:49 AM in response to ShriSash

This is not Apple Support

This is a User to User Technical Support Community .Apple neither read nor respond here

You purchased an iPhone in the US .The iPhone warranty is not International and you can only receive Service and Support for an iPhone in The Country of Sale ,in your case the USA

You can either take it to an Apple Store in the US or send it to a friend or relative to take into Apple

Apple neither accept mail in of a product from cross border nor do they ship cross border

and the only source of iPhones that are not locked to a carrier are the Apple Retail Stores in the US

iphone 5 factory unlocked mobile not getting charged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.