Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I go to update an app a different Apple ID comes up different to mine?

Hello, my friend backed up & restored my iPhone a couple of years ago, recently when I went to update the Whatsapp app it came up with my friends Apple ID & was requesting their password? From reading on this forum it seems the apps were originally loaded onto my phone with my friends Apple ID & so I have to enter their password now to update the app? How did my friends Apple ID get into my phone & be part of my Apple account on my phone?

To cure this problem I'm thinking to delete the app, download it again whilst my own Apple ID is logged into my iPhone?

Hope that someone can help me.

Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 5:18 AM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2015 5:32 AM in response to Templeton Peck

Hello, I went into the phone settings to confirm that my ID was logged in & it was. I did this early on when I first found out that the apps needed my friends password when doing the update.

I've tested using the Whatsapp app by deleting it & then loading it back on my phone whilst logged into my Apple ID & it seems to of worked. I'll try it with the remaining apps, luckily there aren't many apps to reset.

When I go to update an app a different Apple ID comes up different to mine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.