Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do i have to pay to continue iPhoto

i use iPhoto for my pictures. have been for years.

why ois it not a free app and that photo app is the only

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 7:02 AM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2015 7:07 AM in response to janefromlondonderry

Why do you think iPhoto is not free?

What happened? Did you just upgrade to Yosemite and iPhoto is gone from the Dock?

Look into your Applications folder. Is iPhoto there? Then drag it back to the Dock and try to launch it.

If the iPhoto icon is crossed out, you need to update to iPhoto 9.6.1. Only that version is fully compatible with MacOS X 10.10.3.

Apple stopped selling iPhoto, but anyone who bought iPhoto from the AppStore or updated it to a version sold at the App Store (iPhoto 9.4.5 or later) will be able to reinstall from the App Store by downloading from the Purchases tab.

If you have any version of iPhoto, that has been updated from the AppStore and is associated with your Apple ID, try to reinstall from the "Purchases" page.

• Unhide iPhoto, if it is hidden on your Purchases page (See this link: Mac App Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases)
  • Trash the incompatible iPhoto version, but don't empty the Trash.
  • Reload your Purchases page at the App Store with ⌘R
  • Then download from that page.

The step "Trash the incompatible iPhoto version, but don't empty the Trash." must not be skipped. If Spotlight sees a version of iPhoto installed, the AppStore will try to update instead of reinstall, which does not work.

why do i have to pay to continue iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.