Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro won't turn on, it will chime and start loading but halfway through it stops, a white screen pops up and it turns off. After ~5 seconds it turns back on and does the same thing. a

My MacBook Pro won't turn on, it will chime and start loading but halfway through it stops, a white screen pops up and it turns off. After ~5 seconds it turns back onand does the same thing. Twice I pressed random keys and it loaded, but after ~10min it shuts off again. The first time I was able to turn it on it froze a a blue screen with vertocal lines popped up.

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 6:35 AM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2015 7:26 AM in response to dominic23

THanks for your response. Safe mode and repair disk didn't work, they both just take me through the same thing (loading screen, loading stops, white screen, shut down)

Reinstaing OS didn't work either, but it let me back in my computer, but again after ~10 min it shut off.

Do you know what could be the cause of this?

thanks for your help!

My MacBook Pro won't turn on, it will chime and start loading but halfway through it stops, a white screen pops up and it turns off. After ~5 seconds it turns back on and does the same thing. a

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.