Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage/Facetime only works on wifi after iOS 8.3 update

I recently updated to iOS 8.3. After the update I am no longer able to send imessages or facetime without being connected to wifi. When I try the message fails to send or sends once connected to wifi. I have factory rest my network settings, logged out of my apple id and logged back in, rest my phone, turned wifi/data/sms/imessage on & off several times, ensured I had adequate data on my plan to try and solve this issue. Nothing has worked and I still have the issue that I can only utilize these services on wifi. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

PRD3

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 5:11 AM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2015 6:37 AM in response to Ingo2711

I have always had imessages send/recieved at both my phone number and email address with no issue. However, I do have start new conversations from my phone number. Also, I just discovered this seems to be a larger issue as I can no longer access commonly used apps unless connected to wifi as well (what'sapp, facebook, etc.) It seems like it is a data issue... Everything works perfectly when I am on wifi but stops working when I try to utilize my phone on just data.

iMessage/Facetime only works on wifi after iOS 8.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.