Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The "Hidden" Album in Photos

Now that all my pictures from my Mac are also on my iPhone and synced through iCloud, when I go to Albums in Photos on my iPhone, I see a folder called "Hidden", which displays all my hidden photos when I press it. But that makes my hidden photos very accessible, if anyone picks up my phone, which kind of makes it pointless having a "hidden" photos folder, when they're in effect no longer hidden. They'd almost now be better off completely unhidden, because then they'd be buried within the other 19,000 photos synced through iCloud. Does anyone have any idea whether there's any way that the Hidden folder can itself be hidden from within the Albums tab?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2015 8:13 PM

I know you can show or hide the Hidden album on Mac Photos, but I don't think you can on iOS. However, it may be helpful to know that although these photos are easily accessible in this folder, they are removed from the Years, Collections, & Moments view. This might shed some light on how Apple intends for this feature to be used.

I've recently started using the Hide feature to filter out the "out-take" shots that I don't want to delete but don't want to see when scrolling through my collection.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2015 8:13 PM in response to fjwhiston

I know you can show or hide the Hidden album on Mac Photos, but I don't think you can on iOS. However, it may be helpful to know that although these photos are easily accessible in this folder, they are removed from the Years, Collections, & Moments view. This might shed some light on how Apple intends for this feature to be used.

I've recently started using the Hide feature to filter out the "out-take" shots that I don't want to delete but don't want to see when scrolling through my collection.

The "Hidden" Album in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.