Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 doesn't have sound since I plugged it in to my USB port in my car and my volume toggle switch won't let me turn it down to mute?

MY iPhone 5 has no sound and won't toggle to mute since I plugged it in to USB port in my car?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 7:59 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2015 11:45 AM in response to cageman187

Did you already try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again? You will not lose any data buy resetting, but it can cure some glitches. Are you still connected via Bluetooth to your car system?

If this does not work, and to rule out a software issue, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the sound functions. If the mute button still does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

My iPhone 5 doesn't have sound since I plugged it in to my USB port in my car and my volume toggle switch won't let me turn it down to mute?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.