Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update apps

Iphone 5s iOS 8.3

Apps will not update or download from the app store. I have tried a hard reset. logging out of, and back into itunes, dropping the wifi, restarting and relogging into wifi.

Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 6:23 AM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2015 12:43 AM in response to Flaberty

Try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

If this does not help, setting it up as new device would be the next step:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If this does not work, set it back to factory settings, without using a backup, explained here:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Can you update the apps in iTunes on your computer?

Apr 27, 2015 6:48 PM in response to Flaberty

Here is what I did, when similar happened some days ago on my iPad 2 ( iOS 8.3 ).

1. Reboot the device.

2. Remove the failed Apps from the device.

3. Download the Apps in "Purchased" on App Store. It took a while to download, but it continue downloading it.

4. After completing download, rearrange the app's icon to original location. ( just for easy use )

5. You may need to check the app's configuration ( preferences ) and set them up if necessary.

Can't update apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.