Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer pictures from my DSLR camera's SD card to an external hard drive (bypassing iPhoto)?

How can I transfer pictures from my DSLR camera's SD card to an external hard drive (bypassing iPhoto)?

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.4/2.2 GHz), iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 9:41 PM

You need to "UNselect" direct download to an app by going to iPhoto > Preferences > General and choosing 'no application':

User uploaded file

You should then see an icon of your camera or the card reader you're using on your desktop - open that and you'll find your pictures - drag them to the external.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2015 9:41 PM in response to ksmithlcsw

You need to "UNselect" direct download to an app by going to iPhoto > Preferences > General and choosing 'no application':

User uploaded file

You should then see an icon of your camera or the card reader you're using on your desktop - open that and you'll find your pictures - drag them to the external.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.