Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad / iMac communications

I was recently given a used iPad Air, Model= MF004LL/A Version= 8.2 and tried to connect it to my iMac Model iMac11,2, OS= 10.6.8 using the USB cord. But neither one appears on the other. I just want to exchange pictures and documents, what has to be done to open the communications?

Must apologize if this question appeared earlier today, I never used this method of asking for help and may have screwed things up when it was originally posted.

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 8:45 AM

Photos in the Camera Roll of the Photos app on the iPad are copied to your iMac using Image Capture, iPhoto or the new Yosemite Photos app on your computer. If you start Image Capture, for instance, on your iMac (it's in the Application folder) and connect your iPad the Image Capture application will recognize your iPad as a camera.

Music, photos and other material can be synced from your iMac to the iPad using iTunes on the iMac. Start iTunes on the iMac and connect your iPad. Your iPad will appear as an icon at the top of the iTunes window. Select your iPad in iTunes. You can back up the iPad in iTunes and select material to sync to your iPad.

User manuals for the iPad can be found here:

Apple - Support - Manuals

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2015 8:45 AM in response to charlesfromfarmingdale

Photos in the Camera Roll of the Photos app on the iPad are copied to your iMac using Image Capture, iPhoto or the new Yosemite Photos app on your computer. If you start Image Capture, for instance, on your iMac (it's in the Application folder) and connect your iPad the Image Capture application will recognize your iPad as a camera.

Music, photos and other material can be synced from your iMac to the iPad using iTunes on the iMac. Start iTunes on the iMac and connect your iPad. Your iPad will appear as an icon at the top of the iTunes window. Select your iPad in iTunes. You can back up the iPad in iTunes and select material to sync to your iPad.

User manuals for the iPad can be found here:

Apple - Support - Manuals

iPad / iMac communications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.