Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Successfully Transferred Verizon SIM Card from Air to Air 2

I successfully transferred my Verizon SIM Card from my iPad Air 1 to my new iPad Air 2 with no problems and no reconfiguration necessary before giving my iPad Air 1 to a relative. This was a plug and play physical task only. I hope this fact helps someone as I know there is a severe lack of accurate information out there about the iPad Air 2 with Cell option working on Verizon. It won't. But you should be able to obtain a Verizon SIM for free from Verizon or Apple. Don't take no for an answer and don't accept the answer from Verizon that you need to buy the iPad Air 2 from Verizon for it to work. It's all in the SIM. Anyone telling you otherwise is misinformed. The Air 1 reported a SIM failure when I tried the Apple SIM that came in my new Air 2 in it, so I'll just save it in a safe place. Thank you.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 7:53 AM

There are no replies.

Successfully Transferred Verizon SIM Card from Air to Air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.