Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting AV camera to iMac for live streaming

Hi,

I do a lot of live streaming for sport events and am currently using firewire input, I have however got a new camera which has AV outputs.

Can anyone tell me how to connect the camera to mty iMac for a live camera feed, I have two firewire inputs and 3 USB inputs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

iMac, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2015 5:32 AM

The Mac will only process firewire inputs in real time.You will need to convert your camera A/V output (whatever format that might be) by using a 3rd party converter.

There are a number of Lightning connected converters for the newer laptops as well as express card 34 based converters for older machines. You could also look into something like the Canopus ADVC series for firewire connectivity.

Good luck.

x

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2015 5:32 AM in response to salfordwil

The Mac will only process firewire inputs in real time.You will need to convert your camera A/V output (whatever format that might be) by using a 3rd party converter.

There are a number of Lightning connected converters for the newer laptops as well as express card 34 based converters for older machines. You could also look into something like the Canopus ADVC series for firewire connectivity.

Good luck.

x

Connecting AV camera to iMac for live streaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.