Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Assign different instruments to low and high end of keyboard?

I'm trying to assign a hammond organ to the low end of my keyboard and strings to the high end. Is this possible in GarageBand? Thanks! E

macbookpro, Mac OS X (10.4.2)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 9:11 AM

I'm trying to assign a hammond organ to the low end of my keyboard and strings to the high end. Is this possible in GarageBand? Thanks! E

No, you can only play one instrument at a time from your keyboard.

You could however separate the recording across two different track, copy all notes from the high end of the keyboard to a track with a strings patch and keep the lower notes on a track with a hammond organ patch.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2015 9:11 AM in response to baba e

No, you can only play one instrument at a time from your keyboard.

You could however separate the recording across two different track, copy all notes from the high end of the keyboard to a track with a strings patch and keep the lower notes on a track with a hammond organ patch.

Apr 26, 2015 5:30 PM in response to baba e

Yes, of course, Logic can do everything 😉

Each Track in Logic lets you set a Key Range (in the so-called "Track Inspector") that responds to the incoming MIDI Notes. You just set one Track to a lower note range and one Track to a higher range, record enable both Tracks and you are in business.

Here is a screenshot from Logic, how it looks like:

User uploaded file

If you want to move up to Logic, check out my graphically enhanced manual "Logic Pro X - How it Works" that tells you all the ins and outs in the same easy to understand fashion as my book "GarageBand X - How it Works", in case you are familiar with that one.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Assign different instruments to low and high end of keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.