Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

this cable is not supported...but it is the cable from Apple

I've read some of the other posts on this question and have tried doing the fixes found online. I just want to reiterate that this is completely wrong and infuriating. Apple needs to fix this NOW for everyone. I've been trying to back up my phone for a month and haven't been able to because the system doesn't recognize the cable that came with the box I bought it in....this problem is too prevalent to be a unique situation. I don't have time for this!

Please create a universal fix!

Meanwhile, my phone is full and I can't back it up so can't delete stuff so I'm totally stuck.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3, cable unrecognized

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 12:19 PM

Universal (almost) fix: clean the stuff out from the port at the bottom of your phone. Dig it out, carefully, with a non-conducting tool such as a wooden toothpick. Do not fall foul of the "but I had a look and couldn't see anything" excuse. A healthy phone and a healthy cable works. Apple has nothing to fix.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2015 12:19 PM in response to widelatitude

Universal (almost) fix: clean the stuff out from the port at the bottom of your phone. Dig it out, carefully, with a non-conducting tool such as a wooden toothpick. Do not fall foul of the "but I had a look and couldn't see anything" excuse. A healthy phone and a healthy cable works. Apple has nothing to fix.

this cable is not supported...but it is the cable from Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.