Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm unable to import a video recorded on my iPad Air to my Macbook. Getting error message saying image can't download. Any suggestions?

Getting the following Error Message when trying to import a video taken on my iPad Air to my Macbook: "iPhoto cannot import your photos because there was a problem downloading an image." Using iPhoto '11, version 9.2.3, and iOS 8.3 on iPad, and this is a run-of-the-mill video -- nothing out of the ordinary. Have imported videos like this one a million times before, and never had a problem. Any suggestions?

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 10:31 AM

4 replies

Apr 29, 2015 8:55 AM in response to Suzq13

Hello, Suzq13.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are unable to import a video taken with your iPad. Try importing this video via Image Capture as an alternative. Depending on the size, you may also be able email this video to yourself. Here is some information the will help you with this process.

Image Capture: Transfer images and other items from your device

Other ways to share photos and videos

Cheers,

Jason H.

May 3, 2015 1:15 PM in response to jason269

Thanks, Jason. I just now had a chance to hook my iPad up to my Mac again to try Image Capture, but I don't see that option anywhere, and the video is about 40 minutes long, so is too large to e-mail. How do I find "Image Capture"? When I connect my iPad to the Mac, it just opens up in iPhoto and asks about importing . . . and that's where I'm getting the error message.

May 3, 2015 2:47 PM in response to jason269

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the guidance about Image Capture. I found it, clicked my iPad as the device to import from, but am getting another error message now, saying, "An error occured while importing. The item ‘IMG_0218.MOV” was not imported." I tried for the other (now 2) videos I recorded since I started having these problems, but getting the same error message for all of them. Any suggestions?

Thanks, again,

Suzq13

I'm unable to import a video recorded on my iPad Air to my Macbook. Getting error message saying image can't download. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.