Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

separate by note pitch not working

i tried to do this for a midi region in drum machine and the section for separate by note pitch is greyed out an un-selectable

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion, Safari Flash PLugin

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 10:57 AM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2015 5:01 PM in response to elbana1

The selection should be enabled and not grayed out.

Here is a screenshot with a Track of a Drum Machine Designer, the Region is selected and the menu "Separate MIDI Events ➤ By Note Pitch" is accessible from the Edit Menu.

User uploaded file

However, when you use that command, the outcome is quite different. Instead of creating multiple Channel Strips with those separated Notes, the Track is turned into a Summing Stack (the disclosure Ttiangle appears) and the individual Tracks are enclosed as Subtracks "inside" the Master Stack Channel Stack.

To fully understand the "logic" behind it, you have to understand the architecture of the Drum Machine Designer, which is technically a sophisticated Summing Stack. My manual "Logic Pro X - How it Works" is the only book that is up to date with the Logic v10.1 (where the Drum Machine Designer was introduced). and that explains the Drum Machine Designer in all its details, and there are quite a lot of details under the hood to discover (if you are brave enough to dive into 😉)

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

separate by note pitch not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.