Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch causes iPhone battery drain

I have an iPhone 5 and am seeing super quick battery drain, I'm suspecting is due to having Bluetooth on constantly with the Watch. Is this a common problem?

Apple Watch, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 10:40 AM

39 replies

May 21, 2015 4:46 AM in response to MariusZMC

I'd like to thank you Marius for reminding me about the runtastic app. I really thought my Apple watch was the root to all my battery drainage (along with using bluetooth of course 😟), but it did not start happening until after adding the runtastic app on both of these devices, in order to show my wife that her favorite app was available for her Apple watch, which I purchased for her and will be here in June. Just to make sure, I am going to test this theory once again after charging both devices, and disabling the location services for the runtastic app to see what happens. Don't get me wrong, I know full well that this app is the culprit of my my iPhone 6's vampire drainage, but if I can still keep the app under careful supervision and usage, then I will assure my wife and I that we can still use it, with the knowledge that it can be disabled after it has been used.

Apr 26, 2015 3:27 PM in response to marlahrd

Yep, for me this is an absolute killer. I never have any issues with going a full day on my 5S and usually have 30-40% left but I was at 35% by 5pm on my first full day with the watch. And not using the watch itself that much - still had 64% battery on there!

Hopefully Apple will sort this out as it's unusable otherwise........

Apr 26, 2015 8:54 PM in response to marlahrd

I have an iPhone 5. My battery is new. It was replaced in December by Apple. I unplugged my phone and watch around 9:30am, went to work from 10-6. Went to dinner afterwards and now it's 8:51PM and my watch is at 31% Battery. My phone is surprisingly at 72%. Since I've gotten the watch I've had to work so tomorrow is my first day off. I think I'll probably use it even more so, so I think it will be interesting to see what happens to the batteries.

I understand why the battery dies faster on the phone now, but I think that in your situation that is ridiculous. Have you had a battery replacement?

Apr 27, 2015 5:17 AM in response to marlahrd

I have a new 6+ which would normally give me 2 days life. charged both the watch and the phone yesterday haven't used either of them much but my phone is now at 15%. this is not good but I am sure there is something that can be done as some are seeing this and others not. have we made a setting change that drains the battery? Or installed some app that does it?

Dev

Watch causes iPhone battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.