Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture: After changed the file name in Finder Aperture can't load the referenced file anymore

After I've changed the file name/format in Finder Aperture can't load/relink to the referenced file anymore. For some reasons I don't like to reimport the file.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 9:11 AM

4 replies

Apr 26, 2015 12:57 PM in response to No idea.at

After I've changed the file name/format in Finder Aperture can't load/relink to the referenced file anymore. For some reasons I don't like to reimport the file

Have you tried the command "File > Locate Referenced Files"?

Usually this will only work, if the filenames do match exactly. Is there any way, that you could restore the referenced files from a backup, so the filenames will be reverted to the original versions?

Apr 26, 2015 2:17 PM in response to No idea.at

As you told, the command "Locate Referenced File" doesn't work, if the filename doen't match exactly. And the filenames should keep their new names.

"Locate Referenced File" will be able to reconnect one file at a time, if you direct Aperture to the matching file in the Loate Referenced File dialog, but it will not be able to recognise the other matching referenced files and to reconnect them all at once with the "Reconnect All" button.

It will be a lot of work to reconnect the one by one. Usually it is much easier to rename the original master files using Metadata > Batch change in Aperture than to try to do that in the Finder.

Aperture: After changed the file name in Finder Aperture can't load the referenced file anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.