Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5th gen video ipod blank screen

Replaced ipod 5th Gen video sceen and now all I get is a white screen. Reset and restore do not effect screen. Will sync with itunes, but still nothing but white screen. No way to access music. Any solution?

iPod classic, 5th gen video ipod

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 9:11 AM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2015 4:42 PM in response to QuickPost

Yes. I replaced the screen. I previously dropped the iPod and the screen was cracked and unreadable. The iPod played, i just couldn't see where I was in my music or playlists. After the screen replacement (from Amazon), all I had was a white screen. I could hear the hard drive spinning.Reset and then did a restore. iPod synced and downloaded songs from iTunes, but still nothing on screen.

Apr 28, 2015 4:40 PM in response to QuickPost

It sure seems like the cable or connector is the problem.I undid and redid it numerous times with no better results. If it's the cable itself that is bad the only solution is another screen. It's not an OEM screen. Maybe I'll see if I can find one of those.

Thanks for your responses. At least it is another set of eyes looking at the problem.

5th gen video ipod blank screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.