Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

repeatly asked to trust computer

I am trying to sync my iPad with iTunes and I keep getting asked to "trust" the computer. I select "trust" and the window pops up again. In the iTunes window I keep getting a message saying "Do you want to allow this computer to access information on iPad" and I select "continue" only to have the window pop up again. The third message I am getting tells me my computer "could not install the driver." I have synced my iPad with this computer before with no problems. I am using an iPad3, with iOS8.3, on a machine running Windows 7 and the latest version on iTunes.

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 10:18 AM

7 replies

Apr 26, 2015 11:37 AM in response to aejenkins

Windows & iTunes don't always play nice together & uninstalling iTunes does NOT always remove all traces from your computer. I used a program a few years ago when I was having issues called Revo Uninstaller. I think Microsoft also offers a utility to remove all traces of a program from your computer. If you are comfortable going into the Windows Registry there are also some good (safe) registry cleaners ...CCleaner, which when used cautiously can help remove traces of programs that uninstallers miss.

Apr 26, 2015 2:18 PM in response to aejenkins

OK, try this:

Reinstall the usb driver for your iPad by going to device mgr/ portable devices, choose your iPad then direct the computer to search the apple folder ...

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. Choose the driver & see if installing it does the trick.

Also, are you using an Apple Certificed cable & connecting to a USB port on the computer, not a hub or monitor/keyboard USB port?

repeatly asked to trust computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.