Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft office is taking ages to download to my new Mac book pro any ideas what I should do?

IT looks like it is stuck how can I check?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 10:10 AM

14 replies

Apr 26, 2015 11:45 AM in response to Bev Ashby

Hi Bev...!!

If you purchased the Microsoft Office from the Apple site which Phil pointed out, then you might have got a boxed version of Microsoft Office.

If thats the case then you will find the product key in the box itself. Apple only sells the boxed versions of Office.

I don’t think that Microsoft will send you a product key via email after purchasing from Apple. Not possible.

I think so only Microsoft sells the digital copies of Office where you will be sent a product key via email.

Hope this helps....

Apr 26, 2015 11:49 AM in response to Grane Duke

Grane Duke wrote:

Hi Bev...!!

If you purchased the Microsoft Office from the Apple site which Phil pointed out, then you might have got a boxed version of Microsoft Office.

Nope, the purchase from the link above gives you a Pin and Product Key for download.

What's in the Box?

• Alpha-numeric PIN and Product Key for downloading Microsoft Office for Mac

Microsoft office is taking ages to download to my new Mac book pro any ideas what I should do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.