Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

tv shows are not storing separately since IOS8.3 upgrade

I have a number of TV shows stored on my ipad2 that I have transferred from iTunes (latest version).

These shows are not in iCloud, or downloaded from iTunes, they are ones I've converted from the DVD's of the shows onto my iMac.

I have 4 series of shows with season 1 and this means that I have an icon per show where show was stored under show, then when you go into each individual show it stored them by seasons and then episodes within each season.

I've just updated the software on my iPad2 to IOS8.3.

Since the upgrade, the tv shows are no longer stored by the show, then the season and the iPad does not seem to recognise the shows, only the seasons.

This means that when I go into TV shows, the first show that syncs is the one with the icon showing, then I go into this show and under season 1, it is storing ALL 4 seasons of different shows under season 1.

I'm pretty anal about the way I store things on the computer and I also like to store things on the iPad like this too as it means I can flick back and forth relatively easily.

Anyone out there come across this and know how to resolve it or is yet another one of the never end of bugs that continuously get from Apple these days with their updates.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 11:05 AM

Try this solution posted from a previous thread:

Reply Helpfulby Jim Bridges1 on Mar 12, 2015 2:05 AM

I think I may have found a solution. In my library, all of the shows were grouped together except for one, so I went to see what the difference was. And the only difference I could fine was that the "Director" field under "Sorting" was filled in. And it seems if you populate Director with any data, everything returns to normal and shows sort themselves out separately on your iOS device as they should. If there is a logic to this, I don't know what it is... but it seems to sort the matter out.

The thread :

Re: ios 8.2 tv shows not getting grouped / sorted properly

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2015 11:05 AM in response to Dchantry

Try this solution posted from a previous thread:

Reply Helpfulby Jim Bridges1 on Mar 12, 2015 2:05 AM

I think I may have found a solution. In my library, all of the shows were grouped together except for one, so I went to see what the difference was. And the only difference I could fine was that the "Director" field under "Sorting" was filled in. And it seems if you populate Director with any data, everything returns to normal and shows sort themselves out separately on your iOS device as they should. If there is a logic to this, I don't know what it is... but it seems to sort the matter out.

The thread :

Re: ios 8.2 tv shows not getting grouped / sorted properly

tv shows are not storing separately since IOS8.3 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.