Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27" 2009

I have a an iMac 27" 2009 with intel & the built in disc drive which was working because I have used the system discs, but I upgraded to OS X yosemite and I do have quick time player. Problem is this: music cd ejects after approx 20 seconds & quicktime player dashboard doesn't come up. It does have the built in optical drive & In the preferences tab iTunes is set to play cd when ever inserted. Seems that something is not updated. Please share your advice on this issue, it would be much appreciated.

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Built in optical drive

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 10:33 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2015 8:51 AM in response to peteskys

Hello there peteskys,

As I understand it you are trying to play audio CDs in your computer but they eject on their own 20 seconds or so later. I was looking at the following article, and there is one section that has 2 relevant steps for you:

Get help with the slot-loading SuperDrive on your Mac computer

1. Reset the System Management Controller (SMC).
  2. If the disc continues to not be recognized, contact Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider, or make an appointment with an Apple Retail Store.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

iMac 27" 2009

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.