Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download Line on the Dock Issue

Hello everyone,

Before I begin, I'd like to mention in this post I am seeking advice on my issue rather than a specific solution. However, if there is a solution please feel free to share it 😁

I recently purchased a new Macbook Pro 2014 with the latest Yosemite update and I've come across an issue that I have experienced a few times over the past couple of weeks. Whenever I download something (I use the Chrome browser) and the little line appears under the downloads folder on my dock, on some occasions the line has been 'stuck' there and even after moving the folder it remains on the display. Fortunately, it does disappear after either killing the dock, as I have seen suggested before, or restarting the system.

However, as this has occurred on more than one occasion I am intrigued to know what is exactly causing it. Is it connected to the latest update for OSX? If it continues, should I visit Apple at all?

Thank you in advance,

Jammy 🙂

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 11:57 AM

If "killall Dock" Terminal command didn't help, you have to take the computer to the Apple store.

Genius Bar reservation

http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Best.

2 replies

Download Line on the Dock Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.