Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove my phone number from old iphone

Hello,

I have given my old iPhone to my daughter, who uses it to play games and watch videos, but it has kept my phone number.

My phone number is used on my current iPhone but it is linked to my daughters facetime and messages. She also has her own icloud account.

Before I gave it to her I also reset all the settings.

Any suggestions please?

Mark

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 12:39 PM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2015 12:54 PM in response to Mark3807054

If the old phone is not signed into her ID in Settings>iCloud and Settings>Messages>Send and Receive and Settings>FaceTime>You can be reached out then on your new phone go to Settings>Messages>Send and Receive and Settings>FaceTime>You can be reached out and sing out and then sign back n an hour or so later.

Also, the new phone is signed into you ID for Settings>iCloud, right?

Also, do the same signing out and sing back in after an hour on her phone.

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage

Remove my phone number from old iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.