Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new 12 " Macbook only has tiny USB slot

I wanted to install MS Word from CD onto my new Macbook so I bought an external CD drive to install it. However, the USB plug on the external CD drive is too big to fit in tiny Macbook USB slot. This means my flash drive will also not fit. Does the 13" Macbook Air have tiny USB slots? Is there an adapter I could buy to fit regular size USB adapters into this tiny USB adapter? It is disappointing that I can't use my flash drive with all saved files on this new computer.

I also can't find the Applications icon in the dock. There is an A symbol, but it takes you directly to the Apple store.

And when I want to display more than one window at same time, I am unable to do it. What happens is it adds all the websites on one page (the website images are added, but you can only click on each one to view the page instead of viewing 2 windows at the same time). I tried to look at corners of webpage to make the windows page smaller, but I do not see that arrow/line in corner to make page smaller.

One more thing is the computer freezes if I leave it for several minutes. This means I have to push power button to turn it off.

I am thinking of returning it.

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 10:55 AM

5 replies

Apr 26, 2015 4:02 PM in response to cnovice

cnovice wrote:

What is the adapter called that I need to purchase? And does the new MacBook Air 13" have this tiny USB slot?

Hi cnovice...!!

Your new Macbook is equipped with the latest USB type C port. You will require an adaptor to connect your external CD drive to the new Macbook.

Here is the adaptor that you need.......http://store.apple.com/us/product/MJ1K2AM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter

With this adaptor, you can connect your external CD drive, connect your macbook to a LED TV or any external monitor and can charge it all at the same time.

You can also connect the adaptor suggested by Phil, but you will be able to connect only a USB device at a time.

Macbook Air doesn’t have the USB type C port. It has got the standard USB 3.0 port.

Hope this helps......

My new 12 " Macbook only has tiny USB slot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.