Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re: conditional formula across sheets

Hello all,

I've created a spreadsheet with 13 sheets, the first sheet being a Report Sheet.

I'm trying to arm the Report Sheet with a formula that addresses the following condition.

If, for example, a box is checked on sheet 2, then copy and paste the contents of a specific cell associated with the checkbox on that sheet ... to a specific cell on the Report Sheet.

Is this even possible?

Regards,

Michael Kelly

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Samsung SyncMaster BX2450

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 10:41 AM

6 replies

Apr 26, 2015 11:14 AM in response to mckelly46

Hi Michael,

This is easily done in Numbers. You can build your IF() formula in the report table, navigate to the other sheet and click the check box, etc.. If you want to ask a specific question about your sheet I will be glad to help.

Csounds' confusion stems from the fact that Numbers does not support links between different documents. That is clearly not what you are dealing with.

quinn

Apr 26, 2015 11:56 AM in response to mckelly46

Hi M,

Do you use Dropbox? you could share a link- make sure you don't have any sensitive info in the table.

Or I could try to just walk you thru it. Is is easy.

Start in the cell you want the value to show up in. Type "=". Type "if" and hit return. You will see this:User uploaded file

"if-expression" is already highlighted. Navigate to your other sheet and click on the checkbox in question.

Click on "if-true", it will highlight. click on the cell who's value you want when the check box is selected.

Click "if-false" and enter what you want returned if it is unchecked.

You are done. Easy, amirite? I really like how much you can get done pointing and clicking in Numbers. If you study what you end up with then you start to understand the syntax that each function needs.

An interesting thing you may notice is that if your tables have unique names the sheet does not have to be specified. i.e. UniqueTableName::A2 will work regardless of its sheet. Whereas Sheet 2::Table 1::A2 would be necessary if there are multiple Table 1s.

quinn

Re: conditional formula across sheets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.