Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessaging messages disappearing, ability see see messages someone texting before they send it, outbound message status showing multiple messages but receiver has received messages

Hey all. I am having problems with my iPhone. Unfortunately, I have had some crazy stalker hacking into my electronics for the past six years and I am certain my iPhone was hacked into in mid-February (just two weeks after I purchased it) when it began exhibiting symptoms of prior phone hacks. There are only a few people that have this number and I have only received one or two message from unknown numbers (which I saved the message and contact info). Since around that time my phone has experienced MITM attacks, call redirection, problems with iMessaging, delayed or missed phone and text alerts, and disappearing and modified videos and photos. I purchased iphones as they were supposed to be less susceptible to being hacked, but I am experiencing the same problems as I have been on my Android. I think the hacks come from modified software and performed via Bluetooth and wireless connections. My phone has not been modified by me.

ANYWAY, my biggest complaint is the issues with iMessaging. It seems that during certain iMessaging converations with my husband our messages disappear. Not all of them, but certain ones or entire blocks of them. Additionally, when I send him messages the messaging indicator shows that the messages are not being sent by my phone or received by him (thus "sending # of #) with no status on "delivered or read," yet he is receiving the messages and responding to them. The strangest thing, however, is my ability to see what he is texting while he is texting me a reply, but once I receive the message it will show in my message overview screen but will disappear as soon as I open the message itself.

Anybody experienced this before? Does anybody have any ideas about the messaging problems or what to do about the hacked phone other than providing it to Apple to research?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.1, null

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 12:28 PM

There are no replies.

iMessaging messages disappearing, ability see see messages someone texting before they send it, outbound message status showing multiple messages but receiver has received messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.