Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect password after 8.3 update

Unable to connect to WiFi after 8.3 update, I get incorrect password. I tried resetting router, didn't help, all other devices work. Tried resetting network settings on ipod, didn't work. I tried system restore but I get error message stating verification failed connecting to icloud. My iPod worked prior to update. What are the solutions. Thanks

iPod touch, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 1:28 PM

13 replies

Apr 26, 2015 1:56 PM in response to lllaass

Devices are kindles, roku and not apple phones. As I stated before, other networks do not work. It is not a hardware problem. It worked fine till I upgraded it. When it was done upgrading, that's when I had problems. Seems after researching this problem, it seems to be happening to all apple related products after their update. I'm just looking for a solution. Thank you.

Apr 26, 2015 2:21 PM in response to lllaass

I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear in my first post. I have been unable to do a restore. When I tried through the ipod I got verification failed, error connecting to icloud. When I tried through iTunes, I get, "find my ipod must be turned off". When I go to turn it off, I get verification failed, error connecting to icloud. Which is the whole problem-unable to connect after 8.3 update.

Apr 27, 2015 1:13 PM in response to lllaass

I was able to use Recovery mode to use the System Restore (using laptop). Once iPod was wiped I was able to access iTunes (using desktop) where I was able to upload the latest backup which was in October of last year (without 8.3). However, 8.3 is still listed on the iPod which is weird since System Restore is supposed to take it back to factory settings. Wi-Fi is working, no incorrect password is being sent. Although, iPod is unusually slow and I am having a hard time with the app store and iCloud (it only works here and there). We will see what happens tonight when the iPod is turned off..........

Apr 28, 2015 1:17 PM in response to Christineva

Update:

Lost connection again after repeated attempts to connect to app store and itunes which were sporadic. Instead of saying "incorrect password" I was getting unable to connect. Turned it off for the night. Turned it on this morning only to get incorrect password all over again! Reset network settings, reset router, I am not going to do a system restore again just to load the same 8.3 again that doesn't work. Closet apple store is 2 hours away. This is my first apple product, not too happy at the moment but after reading everything, seems I'm not alone. Apple Techs, please help.

May 1, 2015 9:52 AM in response to Christineva

Saga continues....Seems my iPod only works downstairs, within a few feet of the router. All the "fixes" I tried, didn't help or I should say, yes they did because I was sitting next to the router. I had no clue until I read some of the other Apple owners postings. All problems started IMMEDIATELY after Apple's 8.3 update. Before update I was able to go anywhere in the house and outside with no problems. All my other NON Apple devices work properly throughout my home. I haven't been able to find any kind of statement from Apple about this problem. If I had known this was an issue I wouldn't have wasted my time with the other so called "fixes" I have read. The past few days, my iPod works fine as long as it is sitting next to the router. There's no need for me to enter a password. But, as soon as I move it, I get disconnecting from the network with an incorrect password error message.

Incorrect password after 8.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.