Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Now that Photos has been forced upon us, how long will iPhotos be supported?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 32GB RAM

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 11:42 AM

9 replies

Apr 26, 2015 1:04 PM in response to Yer_Man

Half an answer Terence.... No, it was not forced upon us, but it is something that many who do not use Photoshop, Lightroom, Elements or other photo software got used to as a default over these many years. Now, there will be no support for iPhoto, and my experience with Photos to date is highly undesirable; crashed with first and subsequent uses. And, so far, I can't even delete it. So, thanks for stating the obvious and not helping; at least the others gave me relevant answers.

Apr 26, 2015 1:22 PM in response to deanc56

And one more time - if you do not like Photos do not use it - no one is forcing you to do anything - use iPhoto and if you want look for a follow on solution that you like - possibly including Photos as new features are added - possibly not but a totally different product like LightRoom or Picasa or what ever

LN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.